Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Taxes, Uggh!

My spring break is this week. So far it hasn't been too much fun. I'm trying to get the not so fun stuff out of the way first. Saturday I worked on an assignment for my online class and did laundry. Sunday after church, Dwight & I did go and see "Horton Hears a Who" (which was cute) while we put the car in for an oil change. Monday, a physical therapist and occupational therapist came over to help assess Dwight. They are going to help us get a new wheelchair. They were really nice. I cleaned and organized and read books required for my class.

Today I did taxes. It was no fun at all (took me over 7 hours) and we owe money :-( for federal taxes. We get a refund with state taxes. When you combine the 2 we come out with a loss of $150. Well, I'm glad I was in no hurry. More bad news--I registered for summer classes and the cost has gone up $500 over last summer. The fees are huge and I don't get tuition reimbursement from my job for them. What is most aggravating is that the fees are for things like parking and the athletic center. I don't use these things because I only go on campus for a couple meetings. The classes are 90% online. I do hope we get quite a bit back from the economic stimulus package. I could use some financial cheering up. I'm trying not to think about the $1,000 of dental work Dwight needs.

2 comments:

Brian said...

When Rebecca is worried / down about stuff, she often sings this song: "Be strong in the LORD and be of good cheer." She said it's a Patch the Pirate song. I've even found myself singing it from time to time.

Mary said...

Hmm. I'm surprised I don't know this Patch the Pirate song. Maybe it is one of the newer ones.