Okay, I realize that it has been close to a week and a half since my last post. Things have been crazzzy! Besides, many of you are probably just getting a chance to log on for the first time and reading the old posts. By the way--all previous posts can be viewed by going to the Archive section on the right (mid way down). Posts are listed with most recent at the top. So read from bottom to top if you want to read it in chronological order.
Where have I been? Last week I came home from work late each evening and most nights I still had work to do at home. I have been training new teachers. Thankfully, one will be taking over my 3 classes so that I'll be free to do the media center, test coordinator, high school lead teacher, and mentoring tasks I'm required to do. I've been pulled in so many directions that I have felt like I'm failing at all of it. Truth is, all of these things are new and challenging to me. I am having to take on a great deal of leadership. I am a reluctant leader, but I do enjoy mentoring. I have always preferred educating adults rather than children. I had some catching up to do to prepare for the new teacher--grading, organizing, and getting things set up for him to finish out the year. I think he is apprehensive about teaching Geography since it is out of area for him. Of course it was out of area for me as well, but it seemed like a blessing considering that I taught Biology last year. Those who know me well, know that science and math are not my forte.
This gets me to thinking about what I have taught in my past 2 years at my job: Library Skills, Study Skills, Journalism, Literature/Composition, World Literature, Biology, American Government, World Geography. If variety is the spice of life, then my job is spicy hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment