Monday, September 5, 2011
Going After Gaia (As Opposed to "Going Green")
I recently bought a new FIRM DVD as part of my resolve to return to exercising. The logo of the film company flashed on the screen and I could not believe what I was seeing. The company is called GAIAM which wouldn’t have seemed significant except that the animation of the logo showed “GAIA” on one side of the screen and “I AM” on the other. Then the 2 words moved toward each other on the screen until they merged. And then it clicked, because I recognized the name Gaia. Why am I sweating it over this logo? Gaia is the goddess of the earth according to Greek mythology and considered the mother of all living things. There has been a resurgence of Gaia worship. She is worshipped by that name by the Wiccans. Because of the focus on “going green” and the environmentalist agenda, people are now more open to worshipping her. At first everyone called her by her nicknames, “Mother Earth” or “Mother Nature.” As people became comfortable with the idea, I have noticed that her real name has been used more blatantly and this company is the perfect example. I guess people are ignorant of who she is and she has been able to sneak in under a positive guise—health, well-being, conservation of nature.
It is my conjecture that all false gods are in actuality real demons. Satan & the other fallen angels (demons) fell because they wanted to be like God. It would make sense that they would seek our worship just as God does. So, yes, I think there is a demon named Gaia and she probably loves nothing better than being called by that name. It is a shame that we are so ignorant in this culture that we have become open enough to her through the baby steps of accepting her as “Mother Earth” that we are now calling her Gaia without a blink. I’m sure there are many Christians who have used the phrase “Mother Earth” without realizing what they are really saying—that they are acknowledging the earth as if it were a living being to be worshipped. It was predicted that people would begin worshipping what was created rather than the Creator Himself: Romans 1:25 “For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator.”
As Christians, we need to be aware of what is going on in our world. Some think that films are pure entertainment and that we are being extreme or silly to read too much into it. Do you really think an industry that brings in billions doesn’t have an agenda? Those who think they are not being manipulated by the film industry are the ones who are most susceptible. Am I saying we should avoid watching these films? No. I’m saying keep your eyes open. Don’t be sucked in by the story line and the dramatic music. There are so many films that are teaching a message of environmentalism—love the earth, hug a tree, etc. These films make us out to be the enemy and the environment to be a victim. Some examples of such films are “Happy Feet,” “Wall-E,” and “Avatar.” I mean what’s not to love about dancing penguins, talking robots, and floating mountains? I liked these movies too, but I was cognizant of the underlying message and I reject that message. Christians don’t have the luxury of pleading ignorance regarding these important cultural issues. In Hosea 4:6, God says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” We need to be aware of false gods and how they permeate our culture (especially those false gods who fly in under the radar because they appear to have nothing to do with religion at face value).
Now you can see why I was horrified by this invasion of a false god into my home via my exercise video. What angers me the most is that Gaia actually has the gall to rip off God’s name for Himself as first given to Moses—“I AM.” In John 8:58 Jesus, claims this name for himself: “Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.’” Gaia superimposes this name on her own to thumb her nose at God. Get your own name, Gaia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment